The Mayo Clinic released an article about the different levels of protection that various masks offer.
The article breaks down the different types of masks - surgical, cloth or N95 and also gives tips on how to wear a mask properly.
Some tips include:
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on and taking off your mask.
- Place your mask over your mouth and nose.
- Don't touch your mask while wearing it.
Some Tips for adjusting to a face mask
- Start slow. Wear your mask at home for a short time, such as while watching television. Then wear it during a short walk. Slowly increase the time until you feel more comfortable.
- Find your fit. If your mask isn't comfortable or is too difficult to breathe through, consider other options. Masks come in a variety of styles and sizes.
Get more answers to your questions about face masks, including how to use them properly by clicking here.
Source: Mayo Clinic Staff, December 05, 2020, COVID-19: How much protection do face masks offer?, Retrieved from Mayo Clinic