How Much Protection Do Face Masks Offer?
The Mayo Clinic released an article about the different levels of protection that various masks offer.
The article breaks down the different types of masks - surgical, cloth or N95 and also gives tips on how to wear a mask properly.
Some tips include:
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after putting on and taking off your mask.
- Place your mask over your mouth and nose.
- Don't touch your mask while wearing it.
Some Tips for adjusting to a face mask
- Start slow. Wear your mask at home for a short time, such as while watching television. Then wear it during a short walk. Slowly increase the time until you feel more comfortable.
- Find your fit. If your mask isn't comfortable or is too difficult to breathe through, consider other options. Masks come in a variety of styles and sizes.
Get more answers to your questions about face masks, including how to use them properly by clicking here.